Join our mission to ship amazing products.
We are always looking for tech-savy and self-organized developers.
What we offer
ShipBit is a place for frontend fanatics, UX engineers and designers, game developers and everyone in between. We strongly believe in self-motivation as the main driver and offer:
- Time to try new stuff. Fridays are reserved for our own projects.
- Home Office because we have always believed in a remote-first culture
- A cozy office in Dortmund whenever you'd like to come
- Truly variable working hours. You're a night owl? No problem!
- Working with state-of-the-art technologies. We don't dictate any software or hardware. Use what's best for the product and for you!
- No hierarchies or politics. We are friends, so yes - there are BBQ parties and we are also passionate gamers who play together.
- Take part in shaping ShipBit. We're small, so every voice matters.
- 😉 Good salary
Who you are
You are a rising star of a student, graduate or junior developer. Theory is all well and good but you want to finally tackle real projects and get your hands dirty in UX, design and frontend development. You are looking for outgoing senior mentors who believe in your potential and take the time necessary to bring you up to speed.
ShipBit is not just for computer scientists. Maybe you're studying Applied Cognitive and Media Science and want to learn how to bring your gorgeous mockups to life. Maybe you're a designer looking for innovative projects or already have one in mind and need the right people to help you make it happen.
What you do
You are a quick learner and motivated to try out new tools and technologies. It's not always about what you know best already but rather what your current project requires to ensure a great user experience and fast development iterations.
It doesn't matter if you're working with us full-time, part-time or just temporarily for an internship.
To give you a rough idea, here are some topics we are currently working on:
- Single page applications with Angular
- Web development with Svelte
- Styling with modern (S)CSS, CSS-in-JS et al.
- Cross-Platform app development with Ionic
- Cloud services and DevOps topics like Docker and Gitlab CI
- Unity & Oculus game development
- We are working on our own products where we are the stakeholders and decision makers